Information about eTA Canada

The eTA for Canada is an electronic travel authorization for foreigners, with a passport from any of the eligible countries, who want to travel to the country by plane. It was introduced by the Canadian government to reduce unnecessary time at the immigration offices and make it easier to cross the border.

The validity is 5 years since its approval and allows multiple entries, each one up to 6 months.

Requirements for the Canadian ETA

Before applying, prepare the following information:

  • A valid passport
  • An email address
  • A valid credit or debit card

You can only apply for one eTA per person. This means if you are planning a trip with your family or in a group, make sure everybody has their own.

Citizens from the United States do not need an eTA to arrive in Canada. Only citizens holding a Green Card will need to show the travel authorization together with their Green Card at the border.

The staff of the airline you are travelling with will ask you for a valid permit before boarding. Then if you do not have a valid eTA or visa, they will not allow you to board the plane.

Be aware that getting an ETA does not guarantee entry to the country. The immigration officers will review your request upon your arrival with the right to deny entering Canada without any reason.

How to apply for an ETA for Canada

Now that you have all the documents ready, you just need to follow these 3 easy steps:

  • Complete the form with your details as they appear in your official documents
  • Introduce the details of your valid credit or debit card
  • Once you have finished your application, we will send you an email with a link to check its status

As soon as it is approved, you will receive it directly in your email inbox within 72 hours. Even if it is not strictly necessary, we always recommend carrying a printed version of the approved document with you.

How to apply for an ETA for Canada

Any person traveling to Canada needs a travel authorization.

If you are from a visa-exempt country and you travel for leisure or business purpose, you only need an eTA, there is no need for you to apply for the visa.

In case you are planning to study or work in Canada, you will need a specific document or visa. Holding an eTA does not allow you to work or study in the country.

Your privacy is our priority, this means we do not share any personal information with third parties. We only collect your details to ease the process so you can receive your eTA in the most comfortable way possible.

If you have any other doubts, do not hesitate to contact us. Have a safe trip!